Direct Acting Pressure and Vacuum Relief Vent
- The Series 6000 is actuated by tank pressures and vacuums directly. No external instrumentation or controls required.
- Relief values set via weights on valve pallets, and adjustable in 0.5 ozsi [0.22 kPa] increments.
Optional UBR Valve
- Patented UBR technology can achieve a higher fraction of rated relief capacity as compared to a standard direct-acting valve at lower overpressures.
- Recommended for use only when you require high relief flow rate at low overpressure, or require a set points outside the range of a standard valve.
- Both the pressure and vacuum valves in the vent can be configured as Hawkeye’s patented Unidirectional Binary Relief (UBR) valve or as a standard weight-loaded direct-acting valve.
- The Series 6000 PVRV is available in 2, 3, 4 and 6” ANSI 150# connections.
- 8” API 12B/F (gauge hatch) connections are also available, sharing the flow characteristic of the 6” ANSI 150# device.
- The PVRV can be configured as an end-of-line vent, with pressure and vacuum relief to atmosphere, or optionally as an in-line vent with pressure relief to an integral 6” ANSI 150# pipe-away connection.
- The device can be configured to provide both pressure and vacuum relief, pressure relief only or vacuum relief only.
Composite FKM Gasket
- The composite gasket bonds sponge Viton™ (eFKM), to standard Viton™ (FKM) for durability.
- The soft eFKM conforms to the contoured seat improve the seal while the standard FKM ensures ruggedness and reliability of the gasket.
- Bubble-tight sealing to 90% of set pressure is achievable.
- Precision molded and machined sealing components provide consistent sealing and venting performance.
- Glass-filled Nylon pallets and seats provide excellent chemical, corrosion, temperature and wear resistance while remaining light, strong and extremely durable.
Full Encompassing Guide
- The full encompassing pallet guide on the Series 6000 PVRV provides full confidence that the internal moving components will not become dislodged or misaligned.
- 4 point contact reduces friction, wear and the risk of becoming stuck over a full contact guide.
Empirical Flow Characteristic Data
- Data used to determine the pressure and vacuum relief flow rates was generated from full-scale flow characteristic determination conducted on all vents in the summer of 2017.
- All data was collected and verified by C-FER Technologies (1999) Inc. in accordance with API 2000, 7th Ed. Full report available upon request.
Design, Manufactured and Stocked in Canada
- The Series 6000 is manufactured and stocked for quick delivery at Hawkeye’s Edmonton plant.
Vent Sizing ChartsDownload Sizing Charts
Installation & Operation ManualDownload Instructions
Application Note: Flow TestingDownload AN-0118-FT
Required Information Flow Chart for API2000Download Information Flow Chart
Series 6000 PVRVs are assembled and tested-to-order from stock parts, for target deliveries in 2 weeks or less ARO.
- Specify “Series 6000 PVRV”
- Specify configuration options
See part number matrix on the brochure for more information.
Consider completing your Series 6000 PVRV Installation with a Bolt Kit and Tank Gasket.