The Model 1230 Skimmer is a floating skim solution that follows the liquid surface ensuring that product is always drawn from the top of the liquid column.
Nonmetallic LLDPE Pontoon
- Hollow LLDPE Pontoon provides superb buoyancy.
- LLDPE Pontoon is non abrasive and will not damage interior coatings or components.
- Pontoon offers superior resistance to acids and high-chloride contents.
Flexible Rugged Nitrile Composite Hose
- Nitrile with Fabric and Wire Helix Matrix hose provides superior chemical and temperature performance to PVC alternatives
Flexible hose allows skimmer placement where convenient, not dictated by booms or standpipes.
- Suitable for harsh skimming applications including sour service, high chloride solutions and many more.
- Metallic components in contact with ﬂuid are stainless steel for chemical compatibility, including hose clamps, fasteners and nipples.
- Hose comes standard with 2-1/2 NPT connection, which can be adapted to ﬁt most any threaded or ﬂanged internal tank outlet connection.
Skimmer As Float
- The skimmer system, if appropriately positioned in the tank, can be used as a replacement for the ﬂoat in a mechanical level indication system. See Skimmer As Float for tank preparation requirements.
Skimmer Type Floating
Maximum Hose Length 30 m [100 ft]
Hose Inside Diameter 63.5 mm [2.5 in]
Hose Vacuum Rating 737 mmHg [29 inHg]
Process Connection 2-1/2 NPT Standard
Process Temperature (Float) -40°C to 65°C [-40°C to 150°F]
Process Temperature (Hose) -40°C to 93°C [-40°C to 200°F]
Ambient Temperature -40°C to 65°C [-40°C to 150°F]
- Specify “Model 1230 Skimmer” or “Model 1230 Skimmer Upgrade”.
- Specify required length of hose or provide hose sizing information listed above.
- Specify outlet connection.
- Specify if a ﬂoat guide kit is required or already exists in the application, and supply tank height.