The transition fitting joint uses a combination of elastomeric seals and significant interferences to ensure a leak-free design. The joint, designed to be stronger than the polyethylene pipe, exceeds pullout requirements of CSA B137.4-05. ID controlled fittings boast a smooth transition from the polyethylene inside-diameter to the steel inside-diameter. By eliminating the tubular insert stiffener, and instead using the steel pipe itself the insert stiffener, the non-obstructed inside diameter makes these fittings suitable for pigging.
The standard materials of construction are ASME A106 B for the steel portion and PE47101 for the plastic portion. Hawkeye transition fittings are designed in consideration of CSA B137.4-05 & Z662-07, ASTM D2513 & F1973, as well as API 15LE & ASME B31.8.
ID-Controlled Transition fittings are available in standard pipe sizes from 2 NPS [60.3 mm] to 16 NPS , and are available in Standard Dimension Ratios (SDR’s) of 6.3, 7.3, 9, 11 and 17. Call us for sizes larger than 16 NPS, SDR’s not listed and non-standard materials.
Technical BulletinsTB-0207-TF Material and Design Specs TB-0807-TF Pressure Rating PE Fittings TB-0711-TF Dimension Chart Letter of Compliance
- Specify ID-Controlled Transition Fitting
- Specify Polyethylene Pipe Size (NPS or mm)
- Specify Polyethylene SDR (5, 6.3, 7.3, 9, 10, 13.5, 17, 21)
- Specify Polyethylene grade (PE4710 Standard)
- Specify Steel Pipe Size (NPS or mm)
- Specify Steel Wall thickness (SCH or mm)
- Specify Steel Grade (A 106B Standard)